Complaint about warnings.

You want to say something about UrS or the servers? Do it here.

Complaint about warnings.

Postby Mr. Atom Splitter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Talmit and Kuijman, can you ask your members not to give invalid warnings, its not just me, ive heard and seen it from other players 2.

Ive gotten several warning (even official message warning WTF) for supposed dm, thats just crap.

Plz tell your members they need to know when to give a warning and DO IT RIGHT! Im not gonna tell names, but it are always the 2 same Urs members. Kind of irritating when its not true and it strikes me they give the warnings when they are playing against you (now how crap is that :idea: )

Its just pathetic to see an Urs member not knowing how to give warnings and the way its done.

I love your server, so do 2 other real life friends of mine and i hope we have reason to keep coming back to your great server.

Greetz, Atom Splitter/Piet Power ;)
Mr. Atom Splitter

Re: Complaint about warnings.

Postby Talmit » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 pm

this sounds like a serious matter, and as strict as i may be i try to be always fair and treat everyone equal...sure, some don't like it for they want to be treated as extra, but nope, not happening guys.
invalid admin warnings are a matter that can't go unattended, however, i'm just a normal admin on combogib, so this is more or less a matter for the leaders (shang and kuj)
i recommend sending the names to either one of them via pm, for it should be impossible to figure out who to give an extra training lesson regarding admin functions else, and you cant bother ALL admins when only 2 are not doing their job correctly
it's not my place to do that but i hereby apologize in the name of the UrS AdminTeam to those who recieved warnings for no reason, and i ask the upper levels to take care of the matter.
Into battle we RIDE with gods by our side!
We are strong and not afraid to die!
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood to be fulfilled!
WE'LL FIGHT TILL THE END! and send our enemies straight to hell!
Talmit

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm already on it, Talmit :)
Sp0ngeb0b
Site Admin

Postby smelly_feet » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:12 pm

Talmit, before u crawl in the dirt in front of random people making ridiculous accusations and insults against our admin team, i suggest - in the strongest possible terms - to lean back a bit and gather more data for a little context...

...cause this guy here has the following ban/warning history on our server:

1 nextgen warning
1 ban

so, let him put forth the extreme multitude of "invalid warnings" from the "2 same Urs members" that invoked his "complaint about warnings". then we can start talking about any admin wrongdoings.
though, ofc, he cant, cause there have been no "invalid warnings" against him. he is just a little rabble-rouser and troll.

having said that, lets clear up another misconception in this guy's reasoning:
to a certain extent admins r dependent on other players to point out possible rule breakings - for obvious reasons we cant see everything. for instance, detecting DM players in your own team is not as easy as some ppl seem to think it is. thus, for ppl who do little thinking it may appear that admins only ever give out warnings for DM to players in the opposite team.
what's more, since regular players cant see nextgen warnings - and since the first, non-nextgen warnings can also be handed out via PM or teamsay - he is not in any position whatsoever to make claims about admins' warning behaviors.

in a nutshell, this "complaint" is BS from the beginning to the end. also, the language he uses strikes me as rather...hostile. for the future i'd recommend a more objective and fact-based wording.

kthxbai

ah and btw, u r asking what his ban was all about? yeah, he nicklamed and insulted Dr.Paranoia...
...but SURELY he just forgot to put THAT into his signature line ... am i right?

Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution.
[Dobzhansky, 1973]
smelly_feet

Postby Mr. Atom Splitter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Smellyfeet, .

The nextgen ban is one of the reasons for this complaint, if you read the log @ that time you see me and another player with the URs member who gave the ban discuss. It was a ridicolous warning anyway and invalid, unfortunatly i got some more "normal warnings" that were bullshit and invalid, hence my complaint.

But that doesnt concern you, you didnt gave them.

And the ban from paranoia was absurd, i came in with the name Paranoia, while URS paranoiD had his. I was pretty new on your server and had some e beer (it was on a friday night :) ) so i thought i could make a joke. I just said for fun to "someone remove his self so i can play" :), but before i knew it without any warning i was banned for about 25 matches. Now that's strange dont you think? without warning and reason a ban :shock: Remember i didnt do it anymore cause from that point i knew URS would not tolerate those "jokes".

BTW, it was kinda hypocrite when i see some players on the server make the same (even worse) jokes and then its suddenly oke, cause its a known player :( .

I assume you read my message to Spongebob? So im a little surprised you attack me like this, did you read it i ask again?

I dont dislike you or other members, but when warnings are given and accussions are made without any ground (and multiple times) then i think its only normal to complain about it on the forum, something you advised. REmember when i was with you, moonlight and crap and some other? Crap got the same INVALID dm warning, remember? Crap was like wtf, like the other who just said "dont give attention to it", im just saying.

It's just another example dude.

I hope we can play normal on server, atleast i will :) and i expect not to get invalid dm warnings anymore. I just dont take that kind of things when they are not true.

If i didnt like the server, i would not make this complaint :).
Mr. Atom Splitter

Postby moonlight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm

i see mine name, so i come in :)
tag/name laming isnt allowed..
and about youre warning, it was a right warning.
i looked same with smelly about this issue.
i already asked you some times for not playing DM.. finaly an admin give you a warning..
and no... makeing jokes about our players like paranoia isnt a joke.. we need to take it seriously.. the same as we take your ''complaint about warnings'' seriously.. or is this a joke also?
if this is also a joke, we can close this issue.

Moonlight.
moonlight

Postby Mr. Atom Splitter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:57 pm

moonlight wrote:i see mine name, so i come in :)
tag/name laming isnt allowed..
and about youre warning, it was a right warning.
i looked same with smelly about this issue.
i already asked you some times for not playing DM.. finaly an admin give you a warning..
and no... makeing jokes about our players like paranoia isnt a joke.. we need to take it seriously.. the same as we take your ''complaint about warnings'' seriously.. or is this a joke also?
if this is also a joke, we can close this issue.

Moonlight.

Why do you have to lie about it moonlight and smile about it? I dont want a fight with you, but this is not right dude.

And i never got a warning from you when smelly was around, so dont talk crap man. And you are the one who gave the invalid warning in the first place, jeezzz dude.
Mr. Atom Splitter

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Please keep the tone objective and appropriate. I will post my opinion about it when I have some more time
Sp0ngeb0b
Site Admin

Postby moonlight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:05 pm

i only can say this.
youre right, because smelly_feet gived you the warning, we looked both about you.
and for sure, i wont fight with you, i dont like to fight with people...
why cant i laugh? you make jokes about our members and gonna make problems if you get a warning?
strange....
ow... btw, where i lie about than? why should i lie about it? i think, you still don't know me.. i never should lie.. to nobody... ingame - real life.. no... im a good person..
anyway... its a ctf server
invalid warning? you gonna make more jokes like this?
moonlight

Postby Talmit » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:22 am

guys this is getting out of hand
you two, moon and atom, don't seem to understand each other regarding this issue - ofc there will be misunderstandings for english is not your primary language, for either of you.
the more important is it to keep the matter objective.

Talmit, before u crawl in the dirt in front of random people making ridiculous accusations and insults against our admin team, i suggest - in the strongest possible terms - to lean back a bit and gather more data for a little context...

sorry bout that, i tend to believe it first and check it after - it's related to my previous jobs
however, you could've said that a bit nicer, no?

additionaly comes the fact that i didn't got the impression of him being a dmer
furthermore, i've seen quite some admin abuse in the past (mostly on slv) so i rather tend to exterminate it
that being said, it might have been a bad situation where he freaked out and dmed or whatever, i've not been there so i can't say.
however no situation allows a player to break any rule, always keep that in mind, any available admin needs to react when they see a rule broken by anyone
oh and for gods unholy sake, don't bring up stories from 50178374 years ago. theres nothing i hate more than that - except for insults!
Into battle we RIDE with gods by our side!
We are strong and not afraid to die!
We have an urge to kill and our lust for blood to be fulfilled!
WE'LL FIGHT TILL THE END! and send our enemies straight to hell!
Talmit

Next

Return to Feedback