Welcome to UT4

Archived content until reboot in 2019.

Welcome to UT4

Postby Rey » Fri May 29, 2015 5:33 pm

hey friends,

UrS officially starts playing UT4 which is currently available in a pre-alpha version on http://www.unrealtournament.com.
Servers and players becoming less and less in UT99. We want to have fun as a united family also in the future and for this reason we might need this change to survive and enjoy great gaming evenings on TS :) This decision is obviously discussible. The most active UrS guys already tried UT4 and can imagine to continue it. UnrealRiderS tries to build up its community there and its main pillar consisting servers, maps, skins etc.
(Thx to Ultimate who already created Wootabulous on UT4 :P )

The final edition of UT4 will probably be published in the end of 2015 and will be for free.
Movement, weapons and aiming are kind of equal or at least easy to learn. By all means UT4 is comparable to UT99.

This step does not mean that we immediately stop playing UT99. The UrS Grapple server will go offline in a few days/weeks as a result of a lack of players. Thanks to Spongebob who administrated this server for years and all his work done so far! Before it goes offline we ll have some crazy last games on this server for sure! :)

We are always up for UT99 games/clanwars ofc! =) This post just underlines, that you will find the most UrS members on UT4 in the near future!
If you need any help installing it, let us know! =)

greetz
Rey
Rey

Re: Welcome to UT4

Postby SJA94 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:24 pm

May as well keep an eye out if your server has players in, I can't remember the last time I played on it. If my connection lets me that is(sounds like the dial up days :lol: )

Are you guys still keep the old utstats for the memories?
Download new player inis FIXED URL HERE
SJA94

Postby seabass » Sat May 30, 2015 2:29 am

Your ETA on UT4 is waaaay off. Add at least another year before it's finished.
We have a UT4 pugserver on #passionategaming, and I've played a few matches. Can't really say I'm a fan, but it's probably just something I'll have to get used to.

I have some more info on UT4 being UT99, but you'll have to ask me in game
seabass

Postby seabass » Sat May 30, 2015 2:44 am

Also, there is still much more activity in UT99 than there is in UT4 atm.

I just checked, and there were only like 50 players in UT4 vs ~250 in UT99
seabass

Postby SJA94 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:53 am

Seabass, did you take off the. 150 -175 fake players when you counted the ut99 players?

EDIT

I just had a quick skim through the servers in the browser, I saw at least 17 servers using fake players, 1 server displayed 3 times, with a total of ~ 127 fake player / 241 online players.
Download new player inis FIXED URL HERE
SJA94

Postby seabass » Sat May 30, 2015 6:15 pm

SJA94: I only have some anecdotal evidence:
I found only one instagib server in UT4 with players in it, and when I started playing, people told me to stop because they were just "testing stuff" xD
Meanwhile, I joined UT99 and there were active players in insta servers!
There are also pug servers that are not advertised in UT99. I don't know if that is true in UT4 as well. In any case, I would seriously doubt that the pug scene is as big as the UT99 one.
I still think there are more players in UT99 at this moment (even when you count in those fake player servers), but that will of course change as the new game matures.

So does this mean that UrS isn't a combo/grapple clan any more? Or is a certain someone hard at work adding it to UT4? xD
seabass

Postby Miki.v2 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:01 pm

As I stated in an earlier post on the forums : I'm so freaking happy for this change! Obviously it's pre-alpha and it needs more time, but ooh god this game is a beauty :) Hopefully i'll see you in the servers!

PS: Will we have a server in the near future? (UT4)
Miki.v2

Postby Rey » Sun May 31, 2015 12:53 pm

Actually I do not see a difference between the amount of players playing UT99 and UT4, just the fact that it might be possible that UT4 will have more players day by day...
We are playing on Insta server in UT4, there are arround 3 I already visited.
UrS has never been a combo-grapple clan. We are originally a SLV clan, but started playing ComboInsta and some of us also NW beside. It is true that the comboInsta section became the most important.

And Miki, I am pretty sure, that UrS will have a clanserver on UT4 very soon ;)

greetz
Rey
Rey

Postby delight » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:39 am

I'm very sad to hear of the coming closure of the UrS grapple server. After the NoDownloads server shut down (and I'd always believed Rob would eventually bring it back online - what happened Rob!), there was a brief period during which Multiplay #7 took on the NoDownloads refugees. But once the the UrS server was available, and especially with that grapple that we were all so familiar with, it became the place to play.

This isn't my oldest UrS screenshot, but it's my oldest UrS screenshot with a full roster of players (I think)

I have many happy memories, and much to be thankful for. I've made a lot of new friends. ...And some mistakes that have estranged me from others, which I greatly regret. I've had the opportunity to spend time with people from all over the world, something I probably wouldn't have had much exposure to otherwise; that's been a real education and very rewarding.

The server has always been there when I've needed it. It's been nice to know that, day or night, if I felt the need to hop on and play a few games, it was available for me to do just that. And to spend time with people whose company I enjoyed.
I'd hoped that that would continue for a long while to come yet.

If I had the finances, I'd offer to to cover the costs myself. But I understand that it's hard to justify keeping things going when visitor numbers have dwindled so much in recent times. Perhaps adding ZP would help? Or maybe that's just too against the ethos of the server. I still hope something might be organised, I'd really hate to see the lights go out for good, the community as a whole would be poorer for it.

Thanks you for all of the games.

p.s., the quick 'n' dirty website I threw together with a CMS package for the first UrS tournament is still online :D

http://darkshaihulud.byethost24.com/news.php
delight

Postby moonlight » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:01 pm

i agree with Delight... its not possible to see an good old game and server going down for Always after so long time with lots of people and communication...

but this all is up and thanks to our beloved head admins Rey, Cow and special thanks by Spongebob :)

they will make their decion to close it, which i totally understand from full server to almost 0 people the last months..

i dont know what happens here and why it is.. maybe summer time starts or the end of ut99 is coming closer? or people getting older and less time to play.. ( girlfriend, childeren, own home.. u know )

Well, im not sure im gonna play UT4 ... maybe i will give it a try later, but for now, im going to doctors etc.. for my back as most of our members know already.. i first gonna make me health ok and then im maybe going to ut4

sitting and playing is my enemy as people told me for my ''back''.. so last time im more walking with my dog and doing some stuff in and outside our house.. so i make my parents happy and hopefully im getting better now soon..

i still hope Rey or Sponge will organize 1 hour game evening on an sunday before they close our long beloved grapple server with our members and hopefully some people around who will jump in :)

thanks guys and remember, MY HEART IS UnrealRiderS !! even if ut99 die.. we will stay alive as 1 Family <3

xxx Moon :)
moonlight

Next

Return to Archive (until 2019)