Server Updates [Discussion Thread]

Re: Server Updates [Discussion Thread]

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:47 am

You are probably better of not playing woot if that bothers you tbh (as it is the nature of this map). But yeah, we are discussing alternatives to removing SP completely. A promising approach I believe is re-enabling it but excluding kills made by flag carriers.
Sp0ngeb0b
Site Admin

Postby schlontz » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:49 pm

It's got nothing to do with CTF, but i only play CTF. As i already said on the Server, there are other Servers where People play CTF instead of DM. So no Prob for me.
schlontz

Postby CoD|Avi » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:06 pm

schlontz wrote:It's got nothing to do with CTF, but i only play CTF. As i already said on the Server, there are other Servers where People play CTF instead of DM. So no Prob for me.

What would be your suggestion to make it more enjoyable for you to play?

Personally I also avoid playing woot because it's just not my thing and not fun for me at all. But spawn protection makes no difference there. I have played without spawn protection my whole UT life. It's no big deal for me being spawnkilled, infact it's part of the game and can help your FC cap in certain situations. However, disabling it only for the FC might be a deal as this is what I mainly complained about myself, not being able to kill people spawning infront of me when I have the flag.
CoD|Avi

Postby schlontz » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:16 am

I talk about playing CTF not DM, no matter if SP on or off. Useless and brainless Frags is not ok for CTF, just my opinion.
You can enjoy this.
schlontz

Postby Rey » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:16 pm

schlontz wrote:I talk about playing CTF not DM, no matter if SP on or off. Useless and brainless Frags is not ok for CTF, just my opinion.
You can enjoy this.

hey schlontz :)

I think the problem is the map wootabulous itself. It is that open that it almost always ends up in a huge massacre.
If I look arround on the combogib servers left I see Urs ComboGib grapple the server with the most skilled players on. Those players like Anaconda, balance or ooper have a really crazy good aim. It is that good that some of them got kicked from less skilled servers since they destroy everyone there.

To come back to your point of playing DM. Our definition we set over years is quite simple: Since you stay in your own base it counts as defending. If you attack you have to grab the flag as the main point.
What else would you consider in Wootabulous if someone wants to defend there? Shall he stops shooting until someone got to his flag?...

As Avi said before, if you, avi or me are getting crushed by those great aim players in wootabulous, we should better spectate that one or take it how it is ;)

greetz
Rey
Rey

Postby schlontz » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:50 pm

Hi rey :)

Wie ich schon sagte, def ist normal, aber anaconda stand in seiner base und spammte unsere, zb mit 4 respawnkills. das ist keine def in meinen augen, da gehts nur um frags was wiederum kein ctf ist. aber egal, so selten wie ich noch ut zocke kann ich das auch woanders. man sieht sich
schlontz

Postby CoD|Avi » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:00 pm

schlontz wrote:Hi rey :)

Wie ich schon sagte, def ist normal, aber anaconda stand in seiner base und spammte unsere, zb mit 4 respawnkills. das ist keine def in meinen augen, da gehts nur um frags was wiederum kein ctf ist. aber egal, so selten wie ich noch ut zocke kann ich das auch woanders. man sieht sich

Kann dich da schon verstehen aber wär sehr schade wenn du deswegen nicht mehr auf den UrS Server kommst. Auf anderen maps ist es ja nicht so schlimm und so oft läuft woot ja nun auch nicht. Und wenn, machs wie ich und geh einfach in den spec, schon ärgerst du dich weniger ;)
CoD|Avi

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:11 am

Spawn protection is re-enabled but reduced to 0.8s. Flag carriers can kill regardless. Spawn protected players are now visually marked:

overlay.jpg

Besides that, I've updated our Mapvote plugin. As a convenient fix, your talking prompt will no longer be resetted when the mapvote window closes at the end of the vote. I've taken this chance to introduce Hints to the panel, which will cycle through some handy information for players:

mapvote.png
Sp0ngeb0b
Site Admin

Postby SJA94 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:25 am

Rey wrote: Those players like balance or ooper have a really crazy good aim.

You haven't seen UNrealshots, Riven, or Dewsick, our aim is average compared to the them.
Download new player inis FIXED URL HERE
SJA94

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:46 pm

You will find a bunch of new downloads when connecting to the server; I've managed to do some long overdue maintenance updates:

• Finally moved back to Nexgen112 and dropped the custom UrS version since there is no need for it. This will reduce the downloads for players coming from other servers running Nexgen112
  • Split up the previous NexgenABM1 into NexgenACEExt and NexgenABM2. You can now modify your client ACE settings (crosshair scale, demorec status) in Nexgen -> Client -> Settings or directly via !ace
  • Small changes/fixes on the mapvote
  • General fixes for messages containing color tags on clients with disabled Nexgen HUD
  • Updated SmartCTF:
    • Added some new combo goodies
    • Added proper scoreboard scaling for the new UT version 469
    • Other minor stuff

In case something feels wrong, please report back here :)
Sp0ngeb0b
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Server Announcements