I'm still playing UT99

I'm still playing UT99

Postby Duke » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Hey every body. I'll still playing UT99. Mostly slv, well the new version called RX.

Changed my game name to Orion's***Belt

I always enjoyed my days as a member is UrS, and wonder if many of the players I knew from the day are still around. I see Patrick is here. Who else?

I moved from New England to Florida 7 years ago, and dealing with the rarest of the cancers. Playing UT gives me some fun times.
Duke

Re: I'm still playing UT99

Postby evilgrins » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:07 pm

I too am still playing ut99, though I don't really do SLV or RX, though I've been toying with trying some mutators that do similar.

Mostly to see if it adds better aerial battles with UTDMW.
evilgrins

Postby SkYlInE » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Hi there. We are mostly playing Combogib or just the regular Instagib, though it is getting a bit calm last days.
SkYlInE

Postby evilgrins » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:44 pm

SkYlInE wrote:Hi there. We are mostly playing Combogib or just the regular Instagib, though it is getting a bit calm last days.

I love combogib!

Typically in MH you can't use an instagib, but if you can it's okay because it's only lethal to the monsters:

I discovered that even with FriendlyFire completely disabled, the InstaComboGib can kill your teammates in MH:

It's a good thing bots don't typically seek revenge.
evilgrins

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Duke wrote:Hey every body. I'll still playing UT99. Mostly slv, well the new version called RX.

Changed my game name to Orion's***Belt

I always enjoyed my days as a member is UrS, and wonder if many of the players I knew from the day are still around. I see Patrick is here. Who else?

I moved from New England to Florida 7 years ago, and dealing with the rarest of the cancers. Playing UT gives me some fun times.

Hey Duke, great to hear from you again! Has been ages - cool that you kept on playing; I've tested RX quite a few times, fun mod. Are you playing on HoF server (that's the only RX community I know :lol: )

Regarding old SLV members, some familiar names from UrS who we are in contact with are Rey, Talmit and Terminator. Although most of us haven't launched a strangelove (or even UT) for what feels like ages. As Sky said, if we are playing, it's grapple combogib on our server; but activity has quite declined since our relaunch back in November.

Really sad to hear about your illness; my fingers are crossed and I wish you all the best! Glad to hear though that the game we all love can help you out a bit in this time; hopefully we'll stumble upon eachother online again :)
Sp0ngeb0b
Site Admin

Postby Duke » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:10 am

Actually, I am playing at =VM= (Vulpine Mission). They have the latest version of the RX mod, and an amazing selection of the best CTF maps. Including quite a few UrS maps!!! Even some of the really old (Carlos days!) PsK maps from when I was there also.

Not sure if OK to post IP address for their RX server, so I won't unless you give an OK for that. It used to be a BIG No-NO in the old days. But, since you dont run a SLV server any more, hoping that you'll give me the OK.

Carlos dropped in a few months back, but didn't like the fast pace of the new RX. The original SLV seems like you could take a nap while flying.

I mentioned the game to my daughter, and she dug through some old photos, and came up with one of me, sitting on an actual MX Missile "Reentry Vehicle Body" forging when I was selling that sort of thing to military contractors. Gonna try to U/L it, alongside a Dr Strangelove image..... That was back in the Prez Reagan years. When we signed the Dismantling Agreement with Russia, all the MX missiles were scrapped.

Image Image
Duke

Postby Duke » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Next Question:

What ever happened to COW (John Greenough from UK?)

He is/was an old guy like me, and last time I chatted with him he had retired from his printing biz, and retired to the countryside, and was raising horses. For a short time, he paid for a SLV server that I ran for him, Ultimate Primate ...something, can't remember..... Really nice guy. Hope that he's still around. Since he was the founder of UrS, I would think that if he wasn't still around, there would be some mention, which I haven't seen anywhere.

And, there was a musician guy from The Netherlands (Holland) who was a great guy also. Can't for the life of me remember his name either.
Duke

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Sure, feel free to post the IPs here; maybe that will help getting some people from the old days together again :)

Damn, I love that picture! The cold war was before my time; but seeing you sitting on that missle still gives me chills nonetheless. I bet you never imagined to ride these things for years to come in a computer game at that point :lol:

Regarding cow: Unfortunately, I haven't heard from him since we came back last year. I remember him dropping by on our farewall matches back in 2015, and he also made one of his rare forum posts to that as well. He hasn't logged in since then though :cry: I tried reaching out to all accounts via a newsletter when we reopened; I dunno if that reached John though. He played a major role in getting "the new UrS" on the map back in 2008 or 2009 by sponsoring us the StrangeLove Public server in London. Without any hesitation, he trusted me with the management of that server which was a great way for me to learn (I was 14yo back then).

Since we are talking about the old time of UrS, you might like browing around on our first webpage + forum here. You will find many familiar names there, I am sure :)
Sp0ngeb0b
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion